The Avalon Design AD2055 is the perfect solution for two buss music-program equalization, special instrument EQ and FX applications and ultra high performance mastering studio’s. Features include state-of-the-art, balanced 100% discrete, Pure Class A signal amplifiers, practical user features and rugged hardware designed to deliver true high performance audio for many years.
Passive-Active Filter Design
Avalon equalizers feature the unique combination of both active and passive filter EQ designs. This special combination enables the Avalon Design AD2055 to deliver high speed transient detail at the operational extremes of real-world equalization demands. The passive high and low bands offer alternate musical tone range to the full function active parametric mid bands.
Passive equalizers have long been a favourite with music lovers around the world. Full bodied, powerful (up to +/-32dB, 64dB range !) and sweet frequency selections are the benefits of the passive high-low EQ bands. The full bandwidth twin mid bands provide variable frequency selection (X10 frequency multipliers for very wide range), variable Q (width) and amplitude control.
Minimum Signal Path Design
Avalon’s advanced true symmetry design offers high-voltage, large headroom, extended bandwidth and very low noise. The use of 100% discrete, Pure Class A signal amplifiers give the serious music professional unlimited sonic character and a natural harmonic detail that enhances the program material and becomes one with the music itself. The Avalon Design AD2055 breathes life!
- Pure Class A, 100% discrete design
- Smooth musical detail and sonic excellence
- Minimum audio signal path
- Dual mono operation
- Transparent active and passive filter design
- High headroom +30dB Very low noise -94dB
- Fully balanced inputs and outputs
- DC coupled, no transformers in audio path
- Switched frequencies in high and low bands
- Mid bands use X10 frequency for extended range
- Wide bandwidth -3dB 1Hz to 450kHz
- Low distortion less than 0.5% THD and IMD
- All signal routing with sealed silver relays Conductive plastic potentiometers for low noise
- External 150W toroidal power supply 100% discrete power supplies for audio path
- Long lasting, stainless steel hardware