Knif Mastering Controller monitoring section is nicely integrated to the transfer path. It is available in stereo or surround. AES-EBU switcher is optional. It integrates digital source selection and monitoring in a simple and effective way.
This is extra. It reduces the amount of DA-converters in studio by routing digital signals to either Digital Input or Monitoring DAC. The switcher is built properly with AES-EBU transformers, receivers and drivers to full specifications. Outputs can drive 2 AES-EBU Inputs in parallel if needed.
Signal path is kept as simple as possible for highest fidelity. This means that there are no floating input or output topologies. This will not cause problems in properly executed and compact studio setups. The only minus is this: feeding an unbalanced input causes 6dB loss, and requires care that pin 3 is left unconnected in those cases. Luckily it is extremely uncommon for studio gear to have unbalanced inputs.
- Input debalancers are simple but high quality one OP amp circuits using ADA4627-1.
- MS and parallel circuits use ADA4627-1.
- Filter and Image processors use a bit more exotic topologies. They are based on simple jfet buffers.
- Output drivers from Input and Transfer paths use discrete Knif jfet OP amps.
- Monitoring section is based on high quality OP amps. ADA4627-1 and OPA2134
- Note that big buttons in the drawing are rectangular in real life.
- All connections are gold plated Neutrik XLRs.
- All rotary switches are Elma. All push buttons high quality LED-illuminated Japanese products with a very nice touch and low volume “click”
- Power supply is external.