The Real Sound of Vari-Mu Tube Compression at Your Fingertips with the Locomotive Audio 14B Variable MU Compressor.
- Stereo Link switch
- Sidechain Low Cut filter control: Off and 70-350Hz
- Hard-wire bypass switch
- Compression turned off with full counterclockwise attack position, switching to line amplifier
- Two position Compress-Limit Switch
- Two position VU meter switch: Gain Reduction – Output
- 6BC8 balance adjustment on interior of unit
- Custom Sifam backlit VU meter
- XLR input and output connections
- Custom MuMetal shielded input and interstage transformers
- Custom output transformer
- Hand-built in USA
- Heavy 16 gauge steel chassis
- 115v/230v AC mains option on rear
- Lifetime warranty parts and labor
The Locomotive Audio 14B Compressor is now available in two build options:
14B-HW – ORIGINAL HANDWIRED Authentic to the design aesthetic of classic vintage vari-mu and optical compressors of the 1940s − 1960s, the Locomotive Audio 14B-HW (Handwired) is built with the same labor intensive care and attention to detail. Every wire and component is selected and soldered by hand, ensuring each unit is special. Adding this artistic centerpiece to your rack is truly inspiring.
14B-PCB – PRINTED CIRCUIT BOARD Smart layout design gives the Locomotive Audio 14B-PCB (Printed Circuit Board) version the same superior sonic result as the Handwired version, but instead, with a more efficient build process. Using the same components and audio path as the Handwired version, the resulting specifications and performance are identical. We are happy to finally offer this lower cost option.