Specially useful for midband oriented instruments such as guitars, vocals, harmonicas, and violins, the Manley Mid Frequency Equalizer (MEQ-5 type) shares the same features and specifications as our ‘EQP-1A’ version.
The differences lie in the passive EQ section: In the MID EQ, the DIP and PEAK controls function on much sharper bell-shaped curves centered on the selected frequencies, which gives the engineer-producer more precise control over the vitally important midrange and makes this unit indispensable for mastering engineers.
The Manley Mid Frequency Equalizer also completely fills the frequency gaps between the low frequency and high frequency sections of our Enhanced Pultec EQP-1A type EQ; thus the combination of the two provides a most flexible palette of possibilities for tracking or mastering.
- Vacuum Tubes: 1 x 12AU7 gain and 1 x 12BH7 (or 6414 or 5965) White Follower Dual Triodes
- MANLEY input transformer with pure nickel laminations potted in mu-metal case. 3K Ohm input Z
- PHASE REVERSE switch for balanced XLR input
- Alternate transformerless 1/4″ HI-Z (5K Ohm) input
- BYPASS switch & AUTO-MUTE w/warmup delay
- Silent conductive plastic PEAK & SHELF controls
- Sealed gold-contact Greyhill frequency select switches
- Hi-current drive <50 Ohm LO-Z XLR & 1/4″ outputs
- Balanced Transformer Coupled XLR Outputs