The Aphex Aural Exciter Type B is engineered for less demanding situations than the more costly options on offer from Aphex at the time of it’s release. It utilizes the same psychoacoustic principles to make Aural Excitement available to small clubs, studios, halls, restaurants, musicians, tape duplicators and sound contractors operating on a more modest budget. Retaining the most important features of its bigger brothers, the Aural Exciter Type B is a small, lightweight package with extensive capabilities limited only by the user’s imagination.
In 1983, the Aphex Aural Exciter Type B was the newest version of the Aural Exciter and used the same principles as the more expensive Aural Exciters used on thousands of hit albums, concerts and movies, and on the air on hundreds of radio stations worldwide. The Aphex Aural Exciter Type B restores natural brightness and presence, makes your sound real again, and improves intelligibility; making individual sounds distinct from one another. In addition it increases perceived loudness without changing actual gain or EQ.
The Aphex Aural Exciter Type B synthesizes program related harmonics (works on the principle of generating, within its circuits, fourth and fifth harmonics of the input signal which are mixed in with the input signal at the output) to generate a musical, natural sounding enhancement instead of unnatural effects such as EQ, echo, delay, flanging, phasing, notching, filtering, etc. Cost effective enhancement for any audio application, such as recording, PA., paging, tape duplicating (audio and video), club sound and communications. Possibly the single most dramatic improvement you can make to your audio system for less than $500.
Since its introduction in 1975, the Aphex Aural Exciter has rapidly become a standard in the recording and broadcast industries. It has been used on thousands of albums, movies, broadcast productions, commercials and concerts. Aphex Aural Excitersru are also on the air on the top AM & FM stations throughout the U.S.A. and the rest of the world.
Whatever the application, you will find the following results from your Aphex Aural Exciter:
- Increased presence and clarity – Program material sounds bright and real again.
- Increased intelligibility – Vocal articulation is much cleaner, easier to hear and understand.
- Enhanced stereo imaging – The sound seems to “open up,” giving greater separation and detail making speaker placement less critical, while still being totally mono compatible.
- Greater perceived loudness – without adding any extra power. Does not trigger limiters or compressors.
- Reduced listener fatigue – Increased penetration at lower SPL and distortion levels.
- No decoding needed – Aural Excitement is a single ended process. Once it is encoded into the material it stays, even through succeeding processes and generations of tape copies.