Its versatility and high quality are the result of Lexicon’s extensive experience with digital audio. The Lexicon Model 200 is carefully engineered to the same exacting standards that have earned Lexicon worldwide praise for its professional and broadcast digital audio products.
The Lexicon Model 200 is a two-in, two-out all-electronic digital system; its advanced technology brings you:
- Six different Reverb programs (expandable) most with 10 factory preset variations – in full stereo.
- Size control – dramatically increasing the versatility of each program.
- Adjustable pre-delay and reverb time.
- Selectable pre-echoes, diffusion, reverb time contour, and roll off.
- On-board mixing.
- Programmable nonvolatile memory for storing up to 10 user modifications with instant recall.
- Human-engineered panel controls for easy, intuitive operation.
- Remote control functions for stage performances.
- Input level switch to accommodate a wide range of instruments and input sources.
- Balanced input and output connections with a maximum level of +24 dBm.
In the recording studio, the 200 performs all the functions of conventional reverb units, with the wide dynamic range and high sonic quality expected of Lexicon digital equipment. In addition, the Lexicon Model 200’s Hall and Chamber programs create realistic acoustic environments that, coupled with the size control, add emotional context to sound through associations with specific halls, chambers, or rooms.
Using the Lexicon Model 200’s remote control functions, stage performers can step through preset reverb effects, use an input mute to capture-and sustain notes or chords, and control reverb time to change an effect during a performance. Vocalists and instrumentalists will find the 200 useful in stage-monitoring systems, and it can improve house systems on all instruments from vocals to drums.
As a sound reinforcement tool, the 200 can alter hall acoustics – increasing the apparent size and volume of a performance space and greatly expanding its versatility. For film/video producers and broadcasters, the 200 can match studio-recorded dialog and effects to the ambience of a location recording and create reverb enhancements for special effects.
It greatly adds to the impact of a given scene by placing the sound in an appropriate acoustic context; in addition, the Lexicon Model 200 can increase the apparent loudness of dry recordings without increasing peak levels. Every effort has gone into making the 200 perform to the highest industry standards.