The Korg SDD-3000 is the first affordable digital delay that provides programmability – sound effects created with the front panel controls can be memorized and instantly recalled whenever needed. The built-in microcomputer has a memory capacity of 9 different effects.
Much more than a simple delay unit, the Korg SDD-3000 has a complete modulation section with triangle wave. square wave. random, and envelope function. These can create unique doubling echo and flanging effects as well as bizarre pitch bends and Doppler effects. Sound quality is excellent, as shown by such outstanding specifications as: delayed frequency response of 10Hz. to 17KHz, +0 5dB to -3dB THD of 0.03%; and effect dynamic range of 94dB.
Independent 4-position high and low filters produce considerable tonal variations in the delay time, creating a wide range of different effects. Delay time is continuously adjustable (at low and high speeds) in 1msec (0.001 second) steps from 0msec to a maximum lone delay of 1023 msec (1.023 seconds) without sound quality degradation. Two types of stereo outputs provide exceptional versatility, with the choice of normal or inverted phase characteristics.
The is extremely useful for many kinds of recording and PA applications that require uncompromising professional quality. For live performance use, the Korg SDD-3000 is equipped with numerous control inputs, including foot switch (PS01, S-2, etc.) operated control over ‘Hold’ (for endless repeats) effect Bypass, and Up/Down program switching. Delay time can also be modulated by an external control signal such as the MS-01 or MS-04 foot controllers.
- Offers a large number of versatile, high-quality effects such as flanging, doubling, chorus, vibrato, Doppler effect, slapback and echo, at the push of a button.
- Over 1 second delay range (0~1023 milliseconds) standard at full 17 kHz delay bandwidth.
- Low delay path distortion (0.03%, typical) and excellent 94 dB effect dynamic range (88 dB effect SIN ratio), without compander ‘breathing’ effects, through use of proprietary 13 bit audio conversion technique. Dynamic range for direct signal is 110 dB (All ratings A-weighted).
- Expanded Modulation section featuring 3 waveforms, envelope follower, and separate delay mod CB input. A ‘random’ waveform is provided for highly realistic doubling and other effects.
- Flexible Regeneration section, with FEEDBACK control, INVERT switch, and switchable high and low filters to create warm on metallic flanges and doubling, echoes that decay naturally, and many other unique special effects.
- Sophisticated programmer provides 9 different user-changeable programs plus manual setting. Programs may be copied and edited, temporarily or permanently.
- All major functions are fully programmable, including Delay time, Regeneration, Modulation and Effect Balance.
- Separate Program Up and Down footswitches may be used for instant effect selection, live or in the studio.
- 5 digit LED Display shows delay time setting and current program.
- HOLD mode provides indefinite repeats without any degradation of audio quality.
- Rear panel includes both Direct output and ‘Sum & Difference’ outputs, for rich and dramatic quasistereo doubling, flanging and chorus effects.
- Complete rear panel control inputs, including Delay Mod CV input and footswitch jacks for Effect Bypass, Hold, Program Up and Program Down.
- Input and Output jacks provided on both front and rear panels. Both inputs and front panel Output have 3 position Attenuator switches, for easy use with Instruments and in semi-pro or professional recording studios.