The multichannel processing power of the H9000 makes it a suitable platform for surround sound and for processing several tracks of audio simultaneously. In addition, the H9000 introduces the concept of FX Chains which allows users to connect any set of four effects with flexible routing. FX Chains can be created to act as a voice channel, a guitar ‘pedal board,’ a modular synth with effects, etc.
Emote – H9000 Remote Control Software
The H9000’s remote control application, emote, is available for users working ‘in the box’ or over an audio network. A version of emote, with limited functionality, is currently available as a stand-alone application for Mac and as a plug-in for ProTools, AU and VST. The full-featured version, set for delivery in early 2019, will also run on a Windows PC.
- Four quad core ARM processors: 16 DSP engines
- Analog audio I/O: 8 channels
- USB audio: 16 channels
- AES/EBU, ADAT, S/PDIF: Up to 8 channels
- Network audio options: 32 channels per expansion card. Three expansion slots for optional audio connectivity. Dante and MADI available
- Hardware Meters: 8 assignable LED meters – front panel version only
- Emote control software app for Mac & PC is available as a standalone app or AAX, VST, AU plug-in
- FX Chains: Innovative approach for setting up and managing complex effects
- Direct I/O: World-class digital audio interface
- Comprehensive Live Controls: MIDI, Expression Pedals, Auxiliary Switches and USB controllers
- Preset portability: Store and recall presets using USB thumb drives
- Network control & software updates: LAN and WiFi connectivity
Legendary Sounds, New Paradigms
The H9000 comes loaded with 1600 unique algorithms from the H8000 and the H9 with over 500 presets covering reverb, delay, modulation, pitch shifting, distortion, and more. Multi-channel algorithms include 5.1 halls, chambers, plates, rooms, booths, and various ambient spaces. Also, the H9000 introduces the concept of FX Chains for connecting any set of four effects with user-defined, flexible routing.
FX Chains can be created to act as a channel strip, a guitar pedalboard, a modular synth with effects, etc. The H9000’s FX Chain paradigm is like a custom channel strip on steroids allowing any four complex algorithms to be combined and routed to taste. FX Chains are invaluable for quickly exploring various combinations of effects to achieve new and inspiring sounds.
Colossal Audio I/O
With up to 96 channels of simultaneous signal processing and a generous complement of analog and digital audio I/O, the H9000 is the perfect platform for surround sound and for processing many tracks of audio simultaneously. Audio I/O includes: 8 channels of pristine analog audio, 16 channels over USB, 8 channels of AES/EBU, ADAT optical and S/PDIF. Whether you use it live or in a studio, the H9000 gives you plenty of external control options.
- MIDI In, Out and Thru. MIDI Thru allows you to daisy chain MIDI controlled devices.
- 2 1/4″ TRS Inputs – Connect up to four foot pedals or four auxilliary switches or a combination.
- 4 USB Ports – Two on front, Two on back. Connect USB MIDI controllers, save and restore presets from a USB thumb drive, enable WiFi using the supplied WiFi dongle.
Intuitive, Powerful Interface
The most gratifying comments about the Eventide H9000’s interface is that it feels right. Words can’t properly convey what makes the H9000 feel good to use, but we can say a lot of attention to detail went into crafting its interface.
The Eventide H9000’s big wheel is custom machined and has been carefully weighted to give it the right amount of inertia when spun. The H9000’s custom designed buttons were chosen for their particular tactile response. And the H9000’s large, crisp color display is driven by a dedicated ARM processor to ensure that the H9000 feels fluid and responsive when used.
The Eventide H9000’s core functionality is encapsulated in the four mode keys SESSIONS, FX CHAINS, ALGORITHMS, and PARAMETERS. User presets of Sessions, FX Chains, and Algorithms can be saved and recalled.