These unique designs offer the professional mastering engineer alternate tone selections in both filter domains while delivering the highest resolution and wide dynamic range with very low noise. Custom gold rotary switches give accuracy in 0.5dB, 1dB and 2dB steps. 104 switched frequencies per channel with X I0 range selectors provide frequency selections from 12Hz to 25kHz at 1/4 octave intervals. The Avalon Design AD2077 mastering equalizer is the most musically transparent analog EQ available today!
The Avalon Design AD2077 Pure Class A mastering equalizer is the most advanced, low noise, fully switched parametric equalizer available today. Designed for absolute signal integrity and musical performance, the AD2077 combines the best active and passive filter topologies for sonic excellence unequaled by lesser designs. The AD2077 is the perfect solution for two buss music-program equalization and ultra-high performance analog mastering applications. Features include state-of-the-art, balanced 100% discrete, Pure Class A signal amplifiers, practical user features and rugged hardware designed to deliver true high performance audio for many years.
Avalon equalizers feature the unique combination of both active and passive EQ filters. This special combination enables the AD2077 to deliver high speed transient detail at the operational extremes of real-world equalization demands. The passive high and low bands offer alternate musical tone range to the full function active parametric mid bands. Passive equalizers have long been a favorite with music lovers around the world . . . full bodied, powerful (up to +/-20dB, 40dB range !) and sweet frequency selections are the benefits of the passive high low EQ bands. The full bandwidth twin mid bands provide switched frequency selection (X10 frequency multipliers for very wide range), switched Q (width) and amplitude control.
Avalon’s true symmetry design offers high-voltage, large headroom, extended bandwidth and very low noise. The use of 100% discrete, Pure Class A signal amplifiers give the serious mastering engineer unlimited sonic character and a natural harmonic detail that enhances the program material and becomes one with the music itself.
- Minimum audio signal path
- Pure Class A, 100% discrete design
- Smooth musical detail and sonic excellence
- Dual mono, fully switched controls
- Transparent active and passive filter design
- Very low noise -94dB
- High headroom +30dB
- Fully balanced inputs and outputs
- DC coupled, no transformers in audio path
- 104 switched frequencies per channel
- Mid bands use X10 frequency for extended range
- Wide bandwidth -3dB 1Hz to 450kHz
- Low distortion less than 0.5% THD and IMD
- Switched range control 0.5dB, 1dB and 2dB steps
- All signal routing with sealed silver relays
- 100% discrete power supplies for audio path
- External 150W toroidal power supply
- Long lasting, stainless steel hardware